Our sponsor

I would love to score against Manchester United. It's a big game - Zavon Hines


The Hammers youngster will get his chance on Saturday due to the injury of fellow front man Carlton Cole who faces a number of weeks on the sidelines with a knee ligament injury.

Cole suffered the knee problem in last weekend's 5-3 win over Burnley but fortunately he will not require surgery.

It will give Cole's understudy an opportunity to show his worth to manager Gianfranco Zola and the England U21 star cannot wait.

"I would love to score against Manchester United," he said. "It's a big game, when Arsenal came here we were all up for it. Every time I come on I feel happy to be honest because not a lot of people are in my position. Obviously I work hard and work on being more confident and trying to play my best for the team."

The 20-year-old has played 14 times in his breakthrough season with West Ham, scoring a winning goal against Aston Villa, and is always looking to improve his game.

"It's good learning from Carlton and Mark Noble, obviously they're different in a lot of ways but they're both good at what they do," he said. "Learning more from them obviously helps my game and helps me get better."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment