Our sponsor

Wenger blocks Catalonia call-up for Cesc


Arsène Wenger will not allow Cesc Fabregas to play in a friendly game for Catalonia on December 22.

Manager Johan Cryuff has selected the midfielder for the international against Argentina at the Nou Camp but his Arsenal manager has refused to let him go.

However the message has not got through yet because Wenger has been unable to make contact with his opposite number.

"We don't allow the players to play in friendlies because we have too many games," said the Frenchman.

"You know what happens here in England, we play football through the Christmas period. But in all the other countries they stop and play friendlies and charity games.

"There is a demand for Cesc but there is a demand for five or six other players. We play on December 27 and I didn't rest the players against Olympiacos [to then] let them play a friendly.

"I tried to call [Cryuff] back [to tell him but] I couldn't get in touch with him. I don't know if he doesn't use a mobile or I tried to call him in the mountains somewhere but I haven't heard back."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment